Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Car & Club Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two questions about the Nissan Note

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote £5 Note Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2009 at 13:14
DOH!!!
I feel silly now, lol
Thank you, daf.
I had seen that button but I just assumed it wasa part of the Sat/Nav stuff.
I shall now go and see if I can set it so that it updates the time automatically so I don't get this kerfuffle twice a year.
It's snowing here so I may be gone for some time.
Bloody kids insist on snowball fights and who am I to refuse them?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 12:19

I did say it was simple.....................

dont know how true it is but you can setup the connect system with a reversing camera. I will find out when i change my fascia and may take some pics while am at it if anyone is intrested

£5 Note View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote £5 Note Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 15:00
Update

Thanks very much, guys.
I now have the clock working just right and even managed to adjust the time by 3 minutes. I know it will sound stupid but having the clock out by an hour is really off-putting. Your eye gets drawn to it all the time and even though you know it's wrong, there's always that proton sized element of doubt when you forget for a minute that you havent yet altered it for BST.

Mmmmm, A reversing camera sounds like the bee's knees, lol. This is a 1.6 Tekna Auto so it beeps at you as you get closer to objects when reversing but a video camera that posts live images onto the Sat/Nav screen would freak my other half out and be well worth a shilling or two.

My next trick is the Speed camera stuff but I think that's a job for the new year. I still search the web for POI sites that do what I want but don't want your first male child as an offereng to Impothep.
Cheers guys.
Steve
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 19:45

the site i linked too iirc its 20 quid for the year and is updated 3 times a month. its was free a few years back. also thay supply it in the correct file format for the note (theres lots of poi formats) no flafing about converting files over then

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php?trustedpartne r=google

A free poi site (no cameras tho) still usefull

ps. I have a 59 plate 1.6 tekna what i intend todo a few bits to once this weather warms up that is

http://www.poifriend.com/

Edited by flash22
mja- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mja- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 18:20
Hi,
Don't want to steal the thread too much but I also recently bought a Note (SE) and was wondering if it's a totally stupid idea to hook a netbook to the "picnic" table behind while driving? It would be at a perfect height for my daughter to watch some "In the night garden" in her child seat and keep her happy during longer trips.

The child seat's fixed with ISOFIX and the laptop would be quite far away from her. Are there some obvious hazards I'm not seeing?

N.b.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 19:22
cant see a problem as long as you strap it down well
£5 Note View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote £5 Note Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 22:28
mja ... I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you intending to run the netbook from the internal battery or are you going to try to run it from the car's electrics?
Cheers,
Steve
mja- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mja- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 13:02
Hi guys,
Thanks for the input!
£5: Well I have a Samsung N140 so it should last more than
5 hours (people actually quote around 9) and we rarely
drive that long so I'd just run it from the internal
battery. Of course if there are car chargers available I
might buy one but haven't even looked around yet. Any
suggestions besides the obvious amazon and ebay?

Cheers,

Edited by mja-
N.b.
Martin45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 16:11
On the subject of clocks i have had my note 2 weeks and the LCD display between the dials has no clock showing and i havn't worked out how to get it on the screen let alone adjust it.Any ideas please!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 16:33
press the info button. if you have the connect system its on the top right of the touch screen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic