Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Car & Club Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New speedometer for 2000 (W) model terran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynng1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New speedometer for 2000 (W) model terran
    Posted: 01 August 2010 at 20:29

I wonder if anyone can help me at al please. I have a Terrano II S TD registered in the year 2000. It has been a brilliant workhorse but I fear that now it might be coming to the end of its life. The Speedometer/clock/mileometer have stopped working and it has been suggested that someone here might have had the same problem and could possibly offer some advice. The speedometer stops working at 1.9miles every journey and then stays off until I start it up again and the same happens all over again. 

I am worried about putting it into a garage as to diagnose could be costly regardless of whether I have it replaced as before. It has been suggested that it stops working at the same time each journey that it could be the computer ny ideas anyone please? 

crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 02:10
I jad a similar problem on my primera a few years back, was told to try diconnecting the battery for ten mins, this did work but you might want to wait and see if someone else can give some more on this first
lynng1230 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynng1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 14:42
Thank you so much. It is certainly worth trying, are there any implications to disconnecting? I just can't afford another speeding ticket due to speedometer not working and satnav not reliable!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic