Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Primera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problems with lambda sensor on 1996 prime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problems with lambda sensor on 1996 prime
    Posted: 12 February 2011 at 19:12
hi all can someone please please help me with an issue with my 1996 nissan primera SRI when I bought the car I already knew of this issue. When the lambda sensor is plugged in the car intermitently holds back the power but if it is unplugged runs fine. The lambda sensor was replaced by previous owner but had same issue. I plugged a friends laptop with nissan program on it but brought up no faults (lambda sensor was plugged in) I need to get the car through MOT but failed on emissions

Edited by jboy
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 19:37

If the lambda has been replaced with a proper nissan or ntk sensor it should be fine if its been done on the cheap it prob got a secondhand or a crappy no name wideband sensor whats sending the incorrect readings. what sort of reading you getting from the 02/lambda via the obd2 ? and what where the readings on the emmisions from the mot ?

if the lamda is reading what it should i would be looking at the cat if its the orignal from 96 its prob at the end of its life tbh

jboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 20:24

unsure of actual readings but know they were very high I had a pre mot to see if car was worth while spending money on and have lost the readings so I think I may try replacing CAT as I have priced them up on Ebay and can pick 1 up for about £70 (unsure wether correct for my model of car so will have to phone company up) . Thankyou very much for your input 

jboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 20:43

just got back to the guy who sold me the car when he replaced sensor the receipt said the sensor only cost £30!!! when he plugged the laptop into the primera for some reason it does'nt give you actual readings from lambda but when he plugs it into his 200sx and his pulsar it gives you readings

Edited by jboy
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 21:05
It may be worth checking the wiring out in that case (as the wires enter the plug/sockets) a doddgy wiring and or connector will cause high resistance and it will mess up the voltages
jboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 23:46
what plug socket wiring is best to check and how do i go about this

Edited by jboy
removalizer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote removalizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 00:02
Trouble is mate, you are taking the car to garages who
don't know what they are doing, try somebody who
understands engine management
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 13:51

Originally posted by jboy jboy wrote:

what plug socket wiring is best to check and how do i go about this

nearest one to the lambda

jboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 23:14
how do I take the wiring out of the plug do I need a extraction tool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic