Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear wiper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear wiper
    Posted: 22 April 2011 at 13:50
Hi,

Complete novice here, so please bear with me.  A while ago the boot stopped opening every time, then it went through a phase of random opening, now it is in perm stuck closed mode. This is an anoyance. The reason for mentioning it is that I do not know if it is related to my new problem. That is the rear wiper is not working. It just stopped. It was working earlier in the journey, then later it didn't work. I have looked around and it sounds like the BCM??? Is this correct? i do not wish to remove the battery connection as I do not have the code for the radio - the one supplied with the car is not correct - as the manual is the wrong one (supplied from a nissan main dealer as well), hell the dealer didn't even mark the service book up until I found the old receipts in the car. Luckly the car passed its MOT with the failed rear wiper - but somehow they "knew" the rear wiper needed replacing..

thanks for reading

Graf
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 14:26

you need to take off the battery for 10-15 mins to reset the BCM/ecu

you need to get the serial number from the stereo that means removing it whats a pita you can then nissan can supply the code (stereo may of been replaced at some point), the info can be found here for the k12 2006-10

http://www.micrak12.com/radio.htm

if it under warrent, if bought used get nissan to sort it.

boot switches are a common fault on the micra and note, nissan will wat to sell you the complete handle at nearly a 100 quid you can pick a just a switch off ebay for £10-15

btw. welcome to CN

PM me if your looking for a workshop manual for the K12 micra

Graf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 18:03
Thanks Flash. I think I will have to try disconnecting the battery. Then get my brothers help to get the radio out (really am a total novice - i can just about change a fuse). Also will look for a switch and repalce that at the same time as getting the radio out.

Once agian, thanks for the advice.
Graf
Graf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2011 at 18:53
Well I disconnected the battery for around 5 mins. Reconnected and the wiper worked. And just as good, I didn't need the code for the radio, that came on as well.  I can't thank you enough flash. Much appreciated.
Graf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic