Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear fog lamp bulb change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChessTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear fog lamp bulb change
    Posted: 06 August 2011 at 13:44

Could anyone please tell me how to remove the rear fog lamp bulb from my Nissan Note?

Can I just poke the fitting out with a screwdriver?

ChessTiger
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 14:44

the bulb is a capless 12v 21w  the bulb holder just twists out of the fog light housing

the fsm tells you to remove the bumper facia (shell) it wont prise out as its recessed into the bumper and you cant get to the rear of the fog light as theres a big foam block

Edited by flash22
ChessTiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChessTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 14:49

Thanks for your response, Flash22!

How easy is it to remove the bumper facia? It is just a case of removing 4 screws underneath the car?

ChessTiger
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 14:53

give me a min i will put a pic up

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 15:07

here you go.............

I have marked the fixings for you the bottom ones under the bumper are push plugs thay can be a pig you just need to prise the center pin out then remove the insert

Old Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 10:00
Ye gods! Just to change a bulb. Where did the designers train? As bad as those French cars with the points at the bottom rear of the engine - is it Citroen? See Skoda Favorit for ease of bulb change.
Carefree youth is poor preparation for old age
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 12:35

no most modern car are like this now frank, on one the citroens you have to jack the car take the front wheel off take the wheel liner out just to change a headlight bulb !!!

points what are thay lol (joke had a few cars with points) modern cars have coil packs, ht leads are long gone now along with coils all the ignition and fuel is controlled by the ecu, electrics are now controlled by can buses so only 2 wires are needed for the whole engine system

mdvineng View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 12:51

Hi Flash, I know that lemon you refer to, it can be done without all that, there's a round pop out cover to remove on the inner wheel arch, but it does test your dexterity skills to the max, I managed it in 10 minutes on a friends car but would not like to guarantee a return time, next bulb replacement. Putting the bulb in was fairly easy but putting the clip back in was a b***** of a job.

regards

dave s

both motorcycle wheels drifting with the power on feels great
Old Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 21:30

Flash22, I really appreciate the improvements in engine design and control, but if designers can't make simple jobs easy, like changing a bulb, then they're not very good at their job. Most people can make things complicated. Perhaps they're too proud to learn from Skodas because they've been the butt of so many jokes.

On the subject of points, here's my favourite story about them:

My daughter had bought her first car, a Micra, and wanted to know how to do simple servicing on it, so I took her through the plugs, points, brakes, etc. The following year she put it in for a service at a Bucks. garage and when she collected it she saw no tick on the checklist for points. On querying this she was told: "There aren't any points on this car", to which she replied: "Yes, there are." The mechanic still insisted there weren't until she said: "Yes, there are. Last year I changed them myself." Boom-boom.

Carefree youth is poor preparation for old age
mdvineng View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 18:55

You can replace the fog lamp bulb by refering to the owners manual page 8-35, you prise out the lamp with a flat bladed screwdriver (protect the plastic from the metal tip by covering the blade with a cloth) from the lower right hand side, then you can twist out the bulb holder from the lamp assembly.

regards

dave s

both motorcycle wheels drifting with the power on feels great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic