Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Car & Club Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lost almera tino key

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10rdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lost almera tino key
    Posted: 10 August 2012 at 21:17
My wife has lost one of the two keys for our 2002 tino. The car is a UK car but it, and us, are based in Spain. Can I get a replacement key the next time I'm in UK WITHOUT the car or is the car needed to program the key ?

Also, are there any "tricks" I can use ?
ie. tape the programmed key, I still have, to steering column and use a "plain" key to start the car ?

Cheers
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2012 at 08:07
This is a hard one.

The dealer gives you 2 keys, one Master key and one normal key, If you have lost the master key then you will need to have the car, V5C or the spanish Reg document & your proof of I.D and address before the dealer will do anything to help you with a new key. This WILL for sure be quite costly as well.

There are other places that can do you a new key for a little less cost, BUT, they have to do the same thing as the dealership would.

With these new cars there are no tricks to help you out as they are coded to the vehicle's ECU.
If you get to the point of the immobilizer not disarming then there is an emergency start-up proceedure in the owners hand book that came with the car from the dealer.

When you need a new key, the dealer has to order the key blank for your car. When they get it and your car and then start the coding proceedure they have about 60mins to do it and only get 2 goes at it.
After the 2nd try they have to scrap the key and get another one.

They need the car there as they have to plug it up to the diagnostics computer to access the car's ECU and then access the correct system in the ECU to allow them to start the coding proceedure.

It is a very daunting job for any mechanic as you have to slowly read the proceedure, step by step and make sure you do everything as it says so you get it right the first time.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic