Forum Home Forum Home ツサ Club Nissan Forums ツサ General Car & Club Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new toy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new toy.
    Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:41

Its not a car,its a 1972 Suzuki AC50 and I love it.

First thing I noticed was it was seized solid,but it has been standing since 1984.The head came off in a matter of minutes,no probs what so ever.A little oil down the cylinder,and 20 minutes later, with the help of a small piece of wood and a hammer and hey presto the piston was freed up.I gave it a decoke and cleaned the plug and put it back on.

Seeing as I didn't have a key I had to hot wire it (very easy to do).I held the plug to the head a kicked it over(well with my arm actually LOL) and to my amazement I had a spark .Now bearing in mind this thing ain't been touched for 20 years and considering all the fluids are of the same age (inc the petrol)the thing actually fired and run.I even went down the road on it (after I pumped the tyres up) for about 8 yards.I'm going to change all the fluids tomorrow.

At the moment I'm one happy bunny.

IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:41

Heres some more pics of the bike.

And this was after I gave it a quick wash and removed the piece of wood from the back LOL.

This is gunna be fun I think.What I need to begin with is a throttle cable,right front indicator lense,new battery,ignition barrel with key,front brake lever(oh and the brakes do work ).

At the moment I cant seem to remove the exhaust from the barrel,I have sprayed it with WD,banged it etc,even got some Stilson's on there,but I cant move the bloody collar .Its only a 50cc for Christ sake LOL.

IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

S13 Drifter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:46

That is wicked!!   It looks ace now you've cleaned it all up and sorted it out.   I wish I had your knowledge to sort stuff like that out, tremendous!!

What you gonna use it for Andy, riding legally or just playing with?

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:56
Its only a 2 stroke Stevie,nice and easy to work on mate.The plan is to get it mint mate over the next couple of years.Plus I'm gunna teach Hayley to ride .

Edited by tidnab6
PrimeraRacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeraRacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:56
that number plate has to be worth a few bob!
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

S13 Drifter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:58

Cool, I remember messing with my mates old fizzy chicken, having to put two stroke oil in it aswell etc.  I wouldn't mind finding a fizzy to play with as a toy!

Nismo 144 View Drop Down
P11-144 SE+

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nismo 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 21:59
hehe nice one mate

[IMG]http://www.clubnissan.co.uk/craig/sig.jpg">

CHRISP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHRISP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 07:06

lovely little blast from the past there.

p.s who's the dude in the third pic? you got the bailiffs round?

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:43

Originally posted by PrimeraRacer PrimeraRacer wrote:

that number plate has to be worth a few bob!

Funny enough Kev I was gunna look into that mate.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:44
Originally posted by CHRISP CHRISP wrote:

lovely little blast from the past there.

p.s who's the dude in the third pic? you got the bailiffs round?

That would be Hayley mate in her black rain coat.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic