Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbe and the Satnav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbe and the Satnav
    Posted: 04 October 2010 at 12:18

Hi there all.

I'm new to the Nissan Brand - but not a great start!!

I ordered my new Juke on the "Official" promo/order day at my local Nissan Dealer. Guess what?  Nissan failed to get it to that Dealer so that I could take delivery on the official "Launch Date" as promised.

Can't help but think that if it actually came from Japan I would have got it on time. Aberdeen is sooooooo far from Sunderland!! (I don't think I was the only person in Aberdeen who had to wait)

Question for the experts - Why have I bought the only SatNav in the World(slight exageration) that does not come with "Speed Camera POI's"

Hoping life with my Juke can only get better.

Jim Gregge
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2010 at 19:17

Welcome to CN

iirc the juke has the nissan connect the same as the note and others

Poi and speed camera Poi's are very easy to install all you need is a usb pen drive

1. Make a directory on the pen drive x:\myPOIs\ (this is for any other types of POI's)

2. make a directory on a usb pen drive x:\myPOIs\myPOIWarnings (speed camera poi go here) where X:\ is your pen drive

you can convert tom tom .ov2 files to .csv format

or

you can download garmin navi .csv files direct and install the files to the directorys you made above on the usb pen drive

good luck with your new juke when you get it

crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 17:59
Welcome to CN
Hopefully Flash has sorted the satnav side for you.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 20:35

nearly forgot the end bit......

Once you have the usb pen drive setup turn the ignition on and the stereo, plug in the pen drive and it should detect it automatically and install it

Wolseley1550D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolseley1550D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 12:33
welcome bodscot.

smart looking car

CAW CANNY BUT CAW AWA..
Go carefully but keep on going!!
Bodscot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 12:43

Thanks to flash22 and crazytaxi(cool handle - could apply to plenty of people here!!).

Managed to get the speed cam "warning data" in - now trying to get the map/location icons as well.

Prompt reply impressive!!

Wolseley1550D - Thanks for the welcome. I agree that it's a smart looking car - but in a weird way - the fool in me can imagine "Sharks Teeth" painted across the front - but I haven't the balls to suggest that to the wife!!

Jim Gregge
Wolseley1550D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolseley1550D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 12:48
you got two lol DARE YOU !!!!
and dont forget to send picture in lol
CAW CANNY BUT CAW AWA..
Go carefully but keep on going!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic