Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dtc code p0335

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dtc code p0335
    Posted: 25 April 2011 at 13:33
got this code after using fault code reader, is it more likely to be the crank position sensor (a circuit malfunction) or more likely the timing chain stretched??????? obviously would be a lot cheaper to try the sensor first.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 15:55

*** i have deleted your other thread as its related***

Answer to question is yes if theres no signal from the crank the car will not fire as the engine cant work out what the pistons are doing

does the car turn over on the starter motor ?

It will be a sensor aslong as the wiring is intact and the cam chain hasnt snapped

lauro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 17:47
Thanks for replying flash, like I said I get the code,p0335, when the rac checked it he got p0011 he mentioned the sensor but said it could also be the chain my code reader says faults  00 then pend 01/02 p0335p, it starts from cold runs ok for about 5 mins the starts cutting out ive changed the plugs to ngk lazer platinum LFR5AP-11 put a new air filter in  and changed the oil and filter when it starts initially it runs realy smooth no noise from the chain then just keeps cutting out at junctions dont want to be forking out £500 plus if its the sensor.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 21:43

cam and crank sensors are no more than £40 each and about an hours labour to fit. if it was the chain it wouldnt run or if it was loose it would rattle

if the crank sensor is sending a bad signal it may well throw up a cam sensor fault aswell as the ecu cant work out what the engine is doing

what reg and what engine size is the micra ?

edit. its an easy diy job jack the car up, take the drivers side wheel off, sensor is held on by 1 bolt on the back of the engine

Edited by flash22
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic