Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Primera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 key fob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty_primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 key fob
    Posted: 28 June 2012 at 11:44
Hello i am new to this and hope that if i make mistakes i will be forgiven.I have a small but potential serious problem that i hope someone has an answer.I have just purchased a 2003 registered Nissan primera and when trying to open the door i have to hold the open button for a long time before the door will open.(locking is no problem very quick)The spare key fob was completely wrecked,purchased new cover and batery but it will not open either.
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 00:18
Hi and welcome to CN

It sounds like the buttons need replacing, if you are good with a soldering iron they can be DIY but there is a company in London that will do the job for you. I can't remember the name of it but it was around £20  a key and turn around was 1 week.

Try a search on ebayWink

Don't ask me, i just work here!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 01:19
Hello and welcome.

Have you tried to re-register the keys?

Mick
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 01:22
Here are the instructions.

http://www.clubnissan.co.uk/ModFiles/keyfob.htm

Mick
marty_primera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marty_primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 09:53
Thank you all I have not tried to solder the two buttons but will try thank you.I have tried to reprogramm the fob but only the lock works maybe the unlock button is needed to be replaced.Thank you for your help.
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 20:36
Thumbs Up

Don't ask me, i just work here!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic