Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a new 2014 Qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n_s_simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying a new 2014 Qashqai
    Posted: 27 January 2014 at 21:48
Well I'm totally confused...

I went to WestWay Nissan in Stockport to buy the Qashqai 2014 Tekna 4WD in ink blue. They originally wanted to charge me £420 a month on a 3yr PCP with an initial payment of £4k and a residual of £13k. This included a £1000 dealer contribution!

I know someone that works there so they came down to £359 a month with a residual of £12k through a friends and family deal. I then said I could get much cheaper online at around £275 with a residual of £12.5k. They came down further to £303 with a residual of £12k.

They were now competing so I said I'd actually make an initial payment of £5.6k, which they worked out as changing the monthly charge to £248. They then reduced this further to £240 if I took the car they had in stock so it went towards their January figures rather than wait til the March number plates come out.

That seemed like a good deal until I went away and checked back online and saw that I can get a March number plate on exactly the same car for £203 on the same 3yr PCP term, same mileage, with the same initial payment of £5.6k and same £12k residual value.

So is that online price too good to be true or is Westway Nissan just charging me too much?

HELP!!!

Thanks

Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic